Monday, March 21, 2011

Back to work, sadly

A few days ago, I returned to work at my part-time office job, and baby Chloe began daycare. It was tough. I had a wonderful time staying home for four months, often doing nothing other than cuddling, feeding and playing with Chloe. I already miss those days.

Now, we're having to adjust to a new, frantic daily routine of getting up, fed, dressed and out the door to daycare and work. We have much less time together, even though I'm part-time, and I feel it keenly.

I'm starting to think of the moments I may miss while at work: the crawling, walking, the first recognizable word, and my heart sinks.

I enjoy my career in the news business, and in some ways, it's nice to be among adults again. But I find much of my attention--and all of my heart--stays with Chloe, no matter where I am or what I'm doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment